A cancer diagnosis is a life altering experience that can result in physical, emotional and financial strains that affect both patients and their loved ones. The Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator offers individualized assistance to patients, families and caregivers helping them throughout all phases of their cancer experience.
At no cost to you, the Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator will:
- Facilitate the coordination of testing, treatment and follow up care
- Educate patients and their loved ones about treatment options
- Provide emotional support and guidance
- Identify and assist with accessing financial, legal and community support services
- Serve as a liaison for the cancer patient and family with physicians and other health care providers
- Facilitate access to research trials
To utilize any of these services or to speak with the Genitourinary Oncology Nurse Navigator please call: 516-663-2251.